-collective groans from other fandoms in the distance-
why is this dude wasting his fucking money on cigs when hes not gonna smoke em your fucking metaphor isnt worth that much homie get a job
This far-flung, obscute metaphor still sucks
I know my old notifier has had tens of thousands of downloads over the years. With this new comic, I need to see how much interest there is in a new notifier so I can start it.
Give this post a like or reblog, and if it’s a decent number of notes, I’ll do my best to give you the best notifier I can.
Hmm, I just reblogged it from another site, but I think I can help you in terms of what to buy and how to do it. If you click the link, it’ll take you to the complete photo post that shows you what you need. In any event, here’s the list:
- Nail polish
- Floral wire, a thin bendable wire is ideal. 26 Gauge is fine.
- Floral Tape
- Wire cutters/scissors
- a pencil or cylindrical object to wrap the petals around
- Ribbon (optional)
- First, you’re gonna need to make the crown. You can do this by using the wire you already have or you can use an old headband or anything that you like that resembles a headpiece. Thicker wire is also fine for this step. As you can see, OP twisted two pieces of wire together and left loops at the end (to attach the ribbon). Then they covered it in brown floral tape.
- The second step is to make the flowers. Using your pencil/cylindrical object, twist the wire around it to create a ‘petal’. Repeat this until you have at least a couple of petals. 3-6 is usually fine, it’s really your call.
- SLIGHTLY bend the petals back to create a natural looking petal.
- After you are satisfied with the shape of your petals, cut out your flower, leaving some wire left to attach it to your crown.
- Repeat the first few steps and make the rest of your flowers.
- Take one of your flowers and CAREFULLY apply nail polish to it, one petal at a time. Think of it like making bubbles. It may be easier to pour the nail polish in a flat plate and dip it, or dip the entire flower into the polish.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- Twist the two ends of your flowers together to form a ‘stem’.
- Wrap the stems with floral tape, preferably with the same color you used in the base of the crown.Repeat this for all your remaining flowers.
- The third step will be attaching the flowers to your crown. You can do this a few ways. One way is to wrap the stems around the crown. Another way is to just wrap the stems with floral tape as you go along, like the OP did.Do this until all your flowers have been attached to your crown.
- At this point, you can tie the ribbons to the loops like OP did, or decorate it any other way you like. :)
Enjoy your new floral crown!
- You can purchase most of the items in Walmart, Michael’s or any craft or flower store. You can also order it online. :)
- REMEMBER, this tutorial is just a guide. If you don’t want to use brown floral tape or if you prefer using the green floral wire, don’t be afraid to change it up. You can use any color or material your heart desires.
This is the link to the DIY Floral Crown post.
Sorry for replying late. I hope this helps you with making your own crown. :)
holy shit this nail polish thing is so clever! 8O
This would be an amazing way to use up old nail polish…
Hot Topic is known amongst artist groups as one of the worst offenders of art theft in U.S. retailers. I know artists are important to What Pumpkin, and I’d imagine multiple cases of art theft would be a very big deal. The most well-known of the cases were stolen fan art from independent artists, which is the same demographic the Design Contest was aimed to. I’m an artist myself and I wouldn’t want to support a store that steals from my peers.
The people running Hot Topic have zero respect to artists and to copyright law. They’ve been ripping-off independent artists’ storefronts, and continue do so. The whole company really should have been shut down long ago.
If you support artists, independent, fan artist, or any kind, you should oppose Hot Topic and MSPA’s association with them!
Tell What Pumpkin to kick Hot Topic out of the Design contest RIGHT NOW.
We have so little time left to stop this please tell them that it is completely unacceptable to do any sort of business with petty art thieves.
Even if you don’t know what to say, or if you think it would compromise the contestants; It won’t. Just please voice your thoughts in anyway you can put them. Don’t let Hot Topic get a dime out of Homestuck.
WHY DOES THIS ONLY HAVE TWELVE NOTES GUYS GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AND GET ON THIS NOW
"you’ll get ink poisoning"
haha funny thing is, its actually impossible to get ink poisoning this way. the only way to get sick with ink is to eat around 16 pens full of ink to even be slighty harmful
when I was a kid, I actually ate the ink of a pen or two. Worried, my parents called animal control. Turns out that pens are soy based, so you really can’t get sick from eating them. That doesn’t mean you should try though.
Wait, why did your parents call animal control?
This is the Memorial to the Missing and contains over 50,000,000 pennies to represent the lives of each American child abandoned to abortion by a society and a culture that has embraced their destruction. We must prevent the need to add to this memorial. Take a stand. Get involved.
”How we treat the least of us defines us.”
"should I use this $500k to help struggling parents and pregnant people or should I put it in a glass box"
How much money have you wasted that could’ve gone to help struggling parents and pregnant women is the better question to ask.
Yeah if i was a struggling parent and I saw that “monument”, you know what I’d do? Break into that fucker and use the money to help my kid get a better life.
Clearly those “charitable” folks aren’t using it on kids that have actually been born.
A few facts that the OP neglected to mention.
a) The glass box is on the grounds of the Mississippi Baptist Convention building—right across from the Mississippi state capitol. It was placed there deliberately to remind legislators that the Baptist Church—which is very powerful in the South—is staunchly anti-abortion.
b) This wasn’t created by regular people, charitable or otherwise. It was a deliberate and high-profile project of the Convention. Using the services of a construction company that worked free of charge, they erected the glass box in 2006, putting 47 MILLION pennies in it on the day that it opened, thus creating the illusion that many, many people had contributed.
c) Once $500K was collected—back in 2008, by the way, and the photo dates back to 2007—the money was then spent by the Convention, which invested it on a permanent endowment fund for anti-abortion causes, such as assisting with the operations of crisis pregnancy centers.
d) Almost all crisis pregnancy centers are church-sponsored and evangelical in nature.
e) Most crisis pregnancy centers have ties to evangelical maternity homes, adoption lawyers, and private adoption agencies. Any crisis that a woman coming to such a center might be facing would be irrelevant; for the purposes of the center and its affiliates, it is paramount that she have the baby. Babies, especially healthy white babies, are in high demand by would-be adoptive parents, and there is a very small supply. There are horror stories about women who have been forced continue pregnancies and who have been forced to relinquish, most to evangelical families. Evangelical churches support and encourage this kind of thing. They figure that this way, they win twice over: they save lives AND they get to control how the next generation thinks.
f) So, to recap.The Baptist Church underwrites the memorial (at least the first 47 million). The funds eventually go back to the Baptist Church, which invests them in businesses that will help produce more goods—babies—for other evangelical businesses, such as adoption agencies and adoption lawyers, AND that will create more religious and political support in the future.
This is NOT a memorial created by heartbroken people, OP. It’s big business.
Wow. What the actual rusty fuck.
Great moments in tv history
The best part is how the hand giving the cigarette doesn’t belong to anyone in the room—no one is wearing that shirt.
I just want everyone to see how unrealistic some expectations are.
Humanstuck Ampora doodles for the soul, because I was feeling down.
WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT
YOU COULD BE A FUCKING BADASS DRAGON THAT’S THE POINT
"I AM A CREATURE OF DARKNESS" "oh hey sabrina."
I guess the point is that you could shapeshift into the body you always thought you’d grow into when you were a kid
taller, shorter, slimmer, more muscular, purple hair, tattoos everywhere, tattoos nowhere,
every single shoe would fit you every single time you tried it on, every single article of clothing would fit your perfectly, all you have to do is transform slightly, you’d never run out of ‘your size’ again
and you wouldn’t have to work for it at all, and you’d never be limitted by your bone structure or something. You could just transform at will.
I don’t see how this is much of a downside
When you turn into a sixty story tentacle demon and terrorize a city you want to get the credit you deserve
Oh man that would be so sweet. I could be an annoying fuck as an insect or something but you couldn’t kill me because everyone would know
you would be really good at doing cosplay
Fun fact time: many of my old acquaintances still make joking comments whenever they see me wearing pink, because as a child (and honestly pretty much right up to high school) I would refuse to associate with any pink objects.
It wasn’t because I didn’t like pink, it was because since I appeared female I was supposed to/ it was immediately assumed that I did and therefore it pissed me the ever-loving fuck off. I was ashamed to like it, which is terrible because pink is an awesome color. But when you shove it down young girls throats it gets really old, really fast.
Give the child the fucking rainbow, and if they pick pink, it’s not because they are female and/or effeminate, it’s because they like the color pink.